We’re looking for an incredibly talented software engineer with experience designing and building backend system architecture that involves a lot of data. You would dive right into our fast-paced, multi-faceted engineering team and play a vital role in our core systems that require scale.
- You are highly self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a motivated team
- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology
- You are exceptionally thoughtful and knowledgeable with regards to how systems scale with increasing usage and data
- You have 5+ years of work experience on software development deployed cloud-based systems
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience building architecture on AWS
- Experience designing and building data pipelines at scale using distributed architectures
- Experience developing infrastructure and tooling to support a data-centric company
- Familiarity with machine learning and image processing workflows
- Strong understanding of geospatial data and experience with geospatial information systems (GIS)
- Track record of simplifying complexity and achieving success with ambiguous problems in a constantly changing and improving code base
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain software
- Design, plan, and execute system architecture enhancements
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Train and mentor other team members on design techniques, process, and coding standards
- Prepare and lead architecture discussions and code reviews
- Problem solve with a team of developers and various stakeholders such as product management and leadership.
Location:Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach.