We’re seeking a B2B editor, content strategist, writer, and content marketer who can bring their passion and interest in business, technology, and solar energy to Raptor Maps. We are a rapidly-growing global climate tech software startup based in Boston with remote employees throughout the U.S. We employ exceptionally talented teams working on groundbreaking software for some of the world’s leading green energy and renewable energy players.
- Manage our content marketing including conceiving of and writing thought leadership, blog posts, case studies, white papers, presentations, website pages, press releases, etc., much of which is very technical in nature.
- Become a world-class expert in all things solar energy.
- Research industry trends, competitors, and topics to inform writing.
- Interview Raptor Maps employees and clients.
- Understand clients’ unique needs and purchase motivators.
- Identify gaps in existing content.
- Determine and execute editorial plan and content calendar designed to attract sales leads and help them convert faster.
- Write content that differentiates Raptor Maps in the market and ties in with topical, industry trends.
- Ensure all content aligns with Raptor Maps’ marketing strategy, brand attributes, and tone of voice.
- Help drive organic search results. Research keywords and SEO best practices. Ensure that strategic keywords are included in copy.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in content.
- Identify outstanding imagery to associate with content and social posts, including conceptualizing visually innovative ways to present data and craft infographics.
- Work with designers on graphic design of key deliverables.
- Use data to determine which content performs best and make future recommendations based on learnings.
- Develop strong relationships with other employees with whom you’ll collaborate to create content.
- Help identify ways to market Raptor Maps and disseminate content through innovative channels including industry and news outlets, as well as help discover new creative communication opportunities.
- From time to time, help manage other marketing channels such as email, social media, and PR.
- From time to time, help research other miscellaneous ideas for attracting qualified leads that may not be related to content.
- Assist with various administrative tasks related to marketing.
What We’re Seeking
- 3-10 years of experience as an editor, content strategist, writer, content marketer, researcher, or analyst.
- Outstanding portfolio of B2B writing samples.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new and rapidly evolving technologies and trends.
- Editorial mindset and understanding of what resonates with target audiences.
- Strong analytical skills - comfortable with data and numbers.
- Outstanding abilities in writing succinct, easy to skim, and engaging marketing copy required.
- Excellent English language grammar and proofreading skills are required.
- Proficiency in tools to track and measure results.
- Flair for visual design, photography, and creative data presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in a remote (work from home) environment.
Nice to Haves
- Experience writing in the energy, renewable energy, or solar space.
- Experience at a top national agency or consultancy.
- Basic understanding of common marketing concepts and methodologies.
- Understanding of organic search in particular.
- Fluent in Spanish, French, or Italian.
- We will also consider exceptional folks with a technical background in energy (analysts, project managers, etc.) who want to transition into writing.
- Location: Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach.
- Note that the formal title for this position will be “Editor & Content Manager”.